Saturday, March 24, 2012

Green Smoothie with Ataulfo Mango



I picked up these Ataulfo mangos at Whole Foods yesterday.  They are usually plentiful and inexpensive in the spring and summer months.  I like their flavor more than the standard green and red mangos that can sometimes have tough, sinewy texture.
I decided to experiment with a green smoothie using my Vita-Mix.  A post-work out snack after an exhausting spin class.
I promise, I receive no financial incentives from the Vita-Mix company, but I’m telling you this machine is LIFE-CHANGING.  It’s just a heavy duty blender (apparently has the same horsepower as a lawn-mower).  But I use it every day, for smoothies, sauces, dips, salad dressing, soup … it does EVERYTHING!!!  And for smoothies, it gives a rich, thick consistency without having to add milk or yogurt.

Ingredients (1 serving)

3 inch piece English cucumber
1 large celery stalk
2 cups fresh spinach
½ medium-sized banana
1 mango (peeled, pit removed)
1 cup water
½ cup ice

Blend well.

As far as a Green Smoothie goes, this specimen rates high on the YUM scale!!  Keep in mind with all the green vegetable content, it’s not especially sweet.  




No comments:

Post a Comment