Tuesday, April 17, 2012

My 30th Birthday

Despite the connotations associated with hitting this milestone, I could not have had a more perfect day with kind and thoughtful friends and family.  

After a morning Barre Blend class (my new favourite work out), I made a frittata.  Spinach, mushrooms, broccoli and goat cheese.   Only 3 eggs and topped up with Beaters Egg Whites.  Seasoned with white truffle oil

The most spectacular bouquet I've ever seen, sent by my sister-in-law and partner in blogging.  
The Olla Urban Flower Project is a unique flower shop in Gastown that creates socially-conscious arrangements and living containers.  They designed this spectacular bouquet according to my sister-in-law's specifications.  It fits my home decor colours perfectly, and some of the flowers are edible!

My birthday present, a cooking class at Dirty Apron Cooking School.  I love these classes and was so excited to go with my husband to the It Takes Two: Couples in the Kitchen Class.

I love the kitchen stations at Dirty Apron.  

Friendly and helpful Chef Takashi. 

Dr. Gold stuffing a Cornish game hen's orifice.

Some more beautiful flowers in our kitchen station.

Amazing dining room, where we enjoy each course and some wine, before returning to the kitchen for our next adventure.

Plating our salad.

I'm having so much fun.

Goat cheese cake (with dried apricots and chives), dusted in panko and pan seared.  Watercress and hazelnuts in a balsamic vinaigrette.  Garnished with proscuitto and sherry-seasoned oyster mushrooms.

Cornish game hen atop truffle and thyme risotto with morel mushrooms and asparagus.  Grainy dijon mustard pan jus.

Dessert trio - Grand Marnier creme brûlée, chocolate souffle, and chocolate dipped strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment