Tuesday, April 03, 2012

Turkey Peri Kebabs

Aw! Look who else thought their dinner was Yum! Introducing Ap and Trixie. Two more taste testers at Yum or Not. They gave two yums up for their Fancy Feast Chicken Liver Pate tonight.

Tonight, I created a super simple dinner. I thought we'd be keeping half of the food for leftovers tomorrow, but the Captain had three servings!

Turkey Peri Kebabs

Ingredients:
4 tbsp Nando's Medium Peri sauce
12 oz boneless skinless turkey breast (leftovers from one of the huge ones I got from Partyville, USA - the Kosher Butcher), sliced into small strips
1/2 Vidalia onion, chopped into large pieces
Sea salt and pepper
4 wooden skewers

Procedure:
-I marinated the turkey overnight in 3 tbsp of Nando's Medium Peri marinade (purchased at delicious Nando's. If you haven't been there, go.)
-Preheat oven to 400 degrees
-Slice turkey into small chunks
-Slice onion into small chunks
-Thread alternating chunks of turkey and onion onto each skewer
-Sprinkle remaining marinade onto skewers, season with salt and pepper
The skewers got a little burnt. I'm going to look into how to prevent this in the future. Can you soak them before putting them in the oven?
-Bake in oven for 10 minutes, flip, cook for another 10 minutes
-Broil for 5 minutes (to add a little crispiness and emulate BBQ)

(makes 4 kebabs)

Nutritional Information:
(per one kebab)
Calories: 127
Carbs: 5 g
Fat: 1 g
Protein: 23 g (yay, turkey!)
Fibre: 1 g
Sugar: 2g

Yum or Not:
I served this with green beans and baby carrots. Like I said, it was an ultra simple dinner.

I told the Captain that I wouldn't be offended if he didn't like this dinner, as it was
SO freaking simple. He ended up loving it. He did have a little trouble getting the meat off the skewers, though.

This will be a great one to replicate when I have no time to prepare something, I can just whip this together.

You could easily add different veggies to this or use a different marinade.

Really, it's probably not worth posting this recipe, it's that simple, but today was a big day for me. Dinner was a simple success after a wonderful weigh in. I reached a milestone. I've lost forty pounds since December! It's a pretty exciting milestone for me and I felt like blogging!

So, a yum dinner and a happy night!

No comments:

Post a Comment